Baby monkey passes out for 10 hours from caffeine overdose after stealing tourist’s strong coffee

The baby monkey was rushed to the vets 

This cheeky monkey found out the hard way why you shouldn’t steal other people’s coffee.

The baby long-tailed macaque passed out with a caffeine overdose after slurping down a cup of joe nicked from a tourist.

The thirsty monkey (Macaca fascicularis) jumped on to the tourist’s motorbike in Thai capital Bangkok’s Bang Khun Thien district and quickly downed the brew.

It leapt off the motorbike and collapsed, to the horror of nearby tourists.

They raised the alarm and veterinarians were quickly on the scene, administering emergency aid in the form of a carbon and saline solution until he finally came around at 3am the next morning.

 

Advertisements